Fund I – First-Mile Cold Storage Logistics Facilities Designed to Support the Fresh Produce Industry
Fund I is a diversified fund with the purpose of acquiring and developing industrial Pre-Cooling, Cold Storage, and Processing facilities in California and Arizona.
We look for opportunities to disrupt, improve, and drive efficiency along the fresh produce supply chain. Our team identifies projects with high barriers to entry, weak or non-existent competition, and opportunities to leverage technology in stagnant markets and processes.
The first project in Fund I will be our flagship 28-Acre GIC Salinas Campus Redevelopment.
28-Acre GIC Salinas Campus Redevelopment
The Redevelopment of our iconic 28-Acre Commercial Pre-Cooling, Cold Storage & Processing Campus
PHT will acquire, redevelop, operate, and lease a 28-Acre Consolidation Center and Cross-Dock facility located in Salinas, California.
Our new state-of-the-art facility will employ renewable energy, automation, and enhanced truck flow to maximize throughput and minimize costs.
Floor Areas on each legal parcel are broken out below, for a total of 346,389 sq ft of existing structures:
- Parcel A: 52,982 sq. ft.
- Parcel B: 106,023 sq. ft.
- Parcel C: 95,986 sq. ft.
- Parcel D: 81,844 sq. ft.
- Remainder: 9,554 sq. ft.
Opening for the 2026 Season
Our new facility will be the first dedicated fresh produce consolidation and shipping location in the Salinas Valley and will serve as a central distribution hub for companies sourcing produce and other perishable food from the region. By allowing for the consolidation of goods in one central location, we aim to significantly reduce transportation costs, carbon emissions, and truck traffic, while leveraging renewable energy, automation & robotics, and streamlined truck flow to increase throughput and maximize shelf life.
Site Plan & Building Specifications
431,500 SF Regional Consolidation Center and Cross-Dock Facility
- Located in Salinas, CA right off Highway 101
- 431,500 SF temperature-controlled building including a 22,500 SF Office, 6,000 SF engine room, and a 2,000 SF shipping office area
- 428,011 SF of solar PV-lined shade bay
- 59 shipping docks and 30 receiving docks
- 288 POV spots with 60 long-haul truck parking stalls
- Microgrid system with solar, cogeneration, and backup battery storage
- 2-story support structure to house a 2,000 SF forklift storage, 2,000 SF maintenance, 1,000 SF observation and control center, and a 3,000 SF employee breakroom
Acquisition and Development of a 73-Acre Pre-Cooling, Cold Storage, and Processing Facility located within the Heavenly Valley Ranch Development in Gonzales, CA
Acquisition and Development of 20 Acres in Yuma, AZ into a Pre-Cooling, Cold Storage, and Processing Facility
Acquisition, Leasing and Financing of Specialized Pre-Cooling equipment